Welcome to Kirkwood Youth Hockey's website!
KYHA is the perfect place to start your child's first experience with hockey.
kYHA is one of the oldest hocley clubs in STL.Founded in 1968 by a group lead by Bill McKenna, KYHA provides a positive hockey experiences to almost 350 families in Kirkwood, Glendale, Ballwin, Manchester, Ellisville, Valley Park and Fenton. Our home rink is the Kirkwood Ice Arena at Recreation Station.
Kirkwood Youth Hockey fields teams at all age levels from mini-mite (6U) to Bantams (14U) and various skill levels along the way. KYHA participates in the Missouri Hockey League which has encompasses approximately fifteen separate organizations (mostly within the St. Louis area). During the off season Kirkwood has a variety of programs aimed at keeping skills sharp while having fun.
Individual player development and respect for the game of hockey are paramount at Kirkwood. USA Hockey has recognized KYHA as a leader in the St. Louis area for implementing the American Development Model (ADM). The American Development Model is designed to help every child reach their fullest potential. We hope to move players from a great youth hockey experience to a sucessful High School Hockey Career. Some Kirkwood Alumni have surpassed our goal of producing quality High School hockey players and played collegiate hockey and even in the NHL.
Famous Kirkwood Alums:
Mike McKenna (Goaltender)-Ottawa Senators
Ben Bishop (Goaltender)-St. Louis Blues
Chris Butler (Defenseman)-Calgary Flames
Pat LaFontaine (Forward)-NY Rangers, NHL Hall of Fame Class of 2003
If you are in one of the following zip codes come play at KYHA!
63122, 63021, 63088, 63131, 63011
P O Box 220064
Kirkwood, MO 63122
· Hockey offers up to 7 different levels of play so that your child will play against other children of similar skill.
· Hockey’s national, and state, governing bodies provide significant support for coaches, players and organizations – perhaps more than any other youth sport.
· Coaches must complete a strenuous training/screening program to ensure kids receive qualified instruction.
· Hockey teaches kids teamwork and reinforces good social skills.
· Hockey is a high-energy sport; it is fast-paced and exciting.
· Hockey is a sport that you can continue to play well into your 50's and 60's.
· Hockey can be a great respite from ragweed or pollen, if your child suffers from outdoor allergies.
· Hockey doesn't usually have weather-related cancellations. You won't need to worry about rainouts and 100-degree heat!
· Hockey is FUN!